The Post Adoption Associate will be responsible for coordination and implementation of post-adoption services including processing of all post-adoption reports. Provide on-going support to families in post-adoption as well as provide administrative and project related support to the Director of Social Services & Post Adoption.
Day to day job responsibilities includes:
• Processing of all post-adoption reports, closing case files, and issuing report refunds,
• Coordinating and processing of reports for countries as required,
• Review and audit of post adoption files as needed,
• Research issues related to re-adoption, obtaining certificate of citizenship, US Passport and Social Security, and referring families to appropriate DSS staff based on the family’s state residence,
• Facilitate care for families with post-adoption concerns via active listening, empathy, and referrals to providers and/or agency clinical staff,
• Read one-month post-adoption reports and proactively respond to families to ascertain needs, develop systems to enable AW to respond to families in crisis or needing assistance including resources and affiliate office support,
• Provide ongoing support to families in crisis as directed. Ensure that the situation is discussed with supervisor and that a follow-up plan is developed,
• Research and compile post-adoption resources, including attachment therapists and residential facilities throughout the country. These will be for use of our Affiliate office staff and families,
• Coordinate and schedule monthly telephone support group between post-adoption families and clinical staff,
• Participate in staff meetings, supervision, trainings, seminars, etc. as requested by supervisor,
• Participate in face-to-face supervision as often as requested by supervisor.
• Must be a committed believer and follower of Christ as revealed in the Bible.
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a human services related field.
• Must be organized, have excellent computer skills, enjoy paperwork and be able to multi-task.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends to support and assist families in crisis.
• A passion for the ministry and work with orphans.
Email Resume and Cover letter to: HumanResources@awaa.org
America World Adoption Association, an evangelical Christian non-profit international adoption agency, is seeking an adoption Home Study Coordinator to work in the South Florida (Port St. Lucie, Jupiter, or West Palm Beach) area on a part-time, as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include conducting and writing home studies and post placements; assisting the public relations team with adoption fellowship groups and seminars as needed; meeting with adoptive families during or after business hours. The qualified candidate is a committed believer in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible, has dynamic skills to communicate with prospective families the blessing of adoption, is thorough and complete in dealing with all issues and problems, is a self-starter and able to follow through on tasks, has excellent verbal/written communication skills, and has basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Master’s degree in Social Work or human services/child welfare field preferred with at least two years’ experience in adoption social work or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field combined with four years’ experience in adoption social work.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and statement of faith** to Affiliate HR or fax to 888-466-8922.
America World Adoption Association is seeking individuals to serve as summer interns (unpaid) in several departments. Part-time and full-time internships are available in public relations, adoption programs, and office administration.
The qualified candidate is a committed believer in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible, feels a calling to be involved with adoption and orphan care, is currently seeking a degree in a field relevant to the applicable department (e.g. social work, human services, public relations, human resources/office administration, etc.), and possesses basic computer skills.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume, and Statement of Faith** to Human Resources.