1. A Host family must be a Christian family and active members in a local church.
2. Couples must be married for a minimum of one year (divorce permitted but a maximum of two per spouse).
3. Host parents must be at least 25 years old and both parents must be no more than 50 years older than the child.
4. Host families must have the financial stability to take care of the host child’s needs and pay program fees by designated dates.
5. Host families must have an available bed and sleeping space for the child.
6. Each adult family member living in the home must complete a medical examination (some health conditions and mental health conditions may prevent a person from hosting and adopting. These will be reviewed in the screening process).
7. Each adult (18 & older) residing in the home will need to complete criminal and child abuse background clearances.
8. One parent will need to be with the child throughout the four week visit and provide supervision at all times.
9. Both parents must sign and abide by the discipline policy (corporal punishment is prohibited during the hosting period.)
10. Each host family must complete a successful hosting home safety report by a social worker.
11. Each host family must be open to working with America World throughout the process.
12. Families with five or more children in their home will be also reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
**Please refer to America World's
Agency Adoption Requirements
for a complete list of requirements.